Tuesday, December 19, 2017

2017 - my real estate transaction statistics and how I compare to Sacramento market averages...

I closed what will likely be my final real estate transaction of 2017 yesterday - not that I have any shortage of work to do between now and the end of the year! 2018 is shaping up to be extremely busy as well.

I like to track the statistics of my transactions, and toward the year end I always reflect on what I have done, how I compare to the rest of the agents in the market, and how I can improve. So for the sake of transparency, I thought I would post some statistics and my thoughts on the coming year. Keep in mind, I am not a part of a "team" and this is all my own production. This year, all of my transactions are in Metrolist MLS, so this information is easily verifiable...in 2017:

-I closed 38 transactions and closed $13,448,865 in volume. My lowest transaction was $95,000, and my highest transaction was $815,500. The average was $353,917 and the median was $334,500.
-65.8% of my transactions were past/repeat clients (which is amazing to me!) 34.2% were new clients.
-81.6% of my transactions were residential properties (condos, single family homes), 15.8% were multi-family properties (duplexes, triplexes, fourplexes), and 2.6% were other (commercial, land).
-57.9% of my transactions I represented the seller, while 42.1% of my transactions I represented the buyer.
-My typical residential listing sold for an average of 101.64% of its original listing price (meaning, 1.64% over the original listing price) in just 11.55 cumulative days on the market. The distinction of original and cumulative is important...original means even after a price reduction from the initial listing price, and cumulative means even if a property is re-listed or comes back on the market.
-My typical multi-family listing sold for an average of 101.4% of its original listing price (1.4% over the listing price) in just 6 cumulative days on the market.
-My typical listing had an average of 3.8 buyer offers on it!

Comparing these statistics to the overall Sacramento real estate market averages, I had a stellar year.

For one, to qualify for the Sacramento Association of Realtors Masters Club, a realtor must close $5M in transaction volume and a minimum of 8 closed transactions. Clearly I blew those numbers out of the water. I would guess that with 38 closed transactions and nearly $13.5M in volume I am likely in the top 1-2% of all agents in greater Sacramento.

My clients are all over the spectrum from first-time buyers, move-up buyers (those who sell their home and then purchase another home), investors, sellers of property they inherited via a trust or probate, sellers retiring and moving out of the area, sellers divorcing, etc. My average and median transactions at $334,500 and $353,917 are right in line with the average and median home prices in the Sacramento region according to Trendgraphix data. My high and low range indicates I work with a broad economic client spectrum as well, from those working with downpayment assistance to those among top-income earners in the region. Unlike past years, I did not close any short sale listings in 2017 (though I do have a short sale listing that is pending/approved, and scheduled close in 2018). Distressed properties are a very small part of the marketplace right now though just a few years ago they were the bulk of my transactions.

My listing statistics are also excellent...according to Trendgraphix for Sacramento County, the lowest average days on market for a single family listing in the last 14 months was 19 days on market, versus my listings at 11.55 cumulative days on market. My original listing price versus final selling price ratio is also outstanding as my listings sell for 101.64% above original listing price on average, versus the highest month of the last 14 months at 100%. I think these numbers are indicative of my strategic approach to listing property -- complete with pre-listing inspections, staging, repairs, professional photography, 3D virtual tours, and multi-faceted marketing.

Of course I hope to improve these numbers next year in 2018...so we shall see how that shapes up! If you think we would be a good fit to work together toward your next property sale or purchase, I welcome your contact via phone or email.

No comments: