Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Do not skip your "final walk through" before closing escrow on your new home...

I have written in the past about the importance of the final walk-through to verify the condition of a property right before closing...and this last weekend was a good reminder why it is so critical for buyers to take one last look at the house after the seller moves out and before closing.

Paragraph 15 of the California Residential Purchase Agreement addresses the final verification of property condition...this is not a contingency of the sale (meaning, the buyer can't cancel the contract), however it gives the buyer the right to verify the condition of the property within 5 calendar days of closing. So if the seller has agreed to make repairs, the buyer can use this as an opportunity to visually verify the repairs are done. Or that the appliances that are included in the sale are indeed still in the property. Or that the seller has been maintaining the property in substantially the same condition as when the buyer's offer was initially agreed upon.

I could post lots of photos from my final walk-through with my buyers this last weekend, but this one is probably the most telling. The carpet is a creamy white color, and this particular room was filled with rugs and dining room furniture before the seller moved out. Now that the property is vacant, we can see that the carpet is horribly stained. This condition was not disclosed.

Aside from that, the home was pretty filthy, there were some holes in walls that were not there before, there was a large previously concealed stain on the vinyl flooring in the master bathroom, all three of the flat screen television brackets were removed and holes not patched, texture not touched up, etc. Again, thankfully we discovered these conditions BEFORE closing the transaction. While the final walk-through is not a contingency of the sale, the seller should turn over the property to the buyer in satisfactory condition.

How was this situation remedied? The seller did not want to delay closing, and did not want to do any additional work or repairs. We negotiated a $1,000 credit to the buyers to offset the costs of these newly discovered issues.

Had we not done a final walk-through and discovered this before closing, it would have been very difficult to negotiate any sort of compensation for the buyer for the condition of the house after closing, short to taking the seller to small claims court.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New Listing - 7733 Dannon Court, Citrus Heights, CA 95610

Adorable 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1,630sf home in Citrus Heights on a cul-de-sac lot! You will love the spacious open layout, separate living and family rooms, high vaulted ceilings, remodeled kitchen with maple cabinets, granite counters, and stainless appliances. Custom painted interior, large master suite with walk-in closet, remodeled master bathroom with granite counter, dual sinks, tile floor, and new stall shower. Cute front and rear yards with lots of space to play or entertain, two decks for relaxing! Located close to shopping, schools, parks and more. Don't wait! Offered at $345,000. For more photos and a 3D virtual tour visit 7733 Dannon Court, Citrus Heights, CA 95610.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

New Listing - 8212 Lee Drive, Citrus Heights, CA 95610

This well-loved property is the perfect blank canvas for your personal touches! The main home is 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,719sf, and there is a separate manufactured home on a permanent foundation that is 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1,056sf all on nearly a one acre lot in a rural setting in Citrus Heights. Main home has wood flooring, big bedrooms, dual pane windows, composition roof, and central heat and air. The manufactured home was recently renovated in 2014 with new kitchen flooring and a newer composition roof. Large detached garage has a huge room/workshop and skylight. Dead-end street and a truly serene setting. Don't wait! Offered at $335,000. For more photos and detail please visit 8212 Lee Drive, Citrus Heights, CA 95610.

Friday, April 28, 2017

New Listing - 3224 Normington Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833

This cute 3 bedroom, 1 bath, 1,220sf fixer home near the South Natomas area has tons of potential and is the perfect blank canvas for your personal touches. you will love the cute front patio, ample living areas, wood flooring, inside laundry, big backyard, newer fencing, possible RV access with paved side driveway. Great location near shopping, freeways, and public transportation. Don't wait! Offered at $189,900. Probate sale, not subject to court confirmation. For more photos and detail, please visit 3224 Normington Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

New Listing - 7731 Rio Estrada Way, Sacramento, CA 95831

Elegant 3 bedrooms + loft, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,582 home in prestigious Dutra Bend at Riverlake in the Pocket / Greenhaven area. You will love the open floorplan with soaring ceilings, remodeled kitchen, bar, shutters, downstairs master suite with 3 closets, dual sinks, jetted tub, and separate shower. Loft/possible 4th bedrooms with built-in entertainment center, professionally landscaped front and back yards with brick patio and fountain. 3-car attached garage, whole house fan, newer central heat and air, spa hook-ups. River access is across the street, HOA includes roving security, access to a private lake and more! HOA dues $54.91/mo. Offered at $659,900. For more photos, 3D tour, and information visit 7731 Rio Estrada Way, Sacramento, CA 95831.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Family fun at the 2017 SF Giants Home Opener...

Gotta love my annual family tradition -- I have attended 18 of the last 19 Giants home season openers in San Francisco. So much fun...and the Giants won this year, which was a bonus considering they have been beaten up a little bit to start the season. For me, this is the most wonderful time of the year!

18 out of 19 years...My brother Matt and I started our little tradition by going to opening day in 1999, which was the last season the Giants played at Candlestick Park. He has not missed one since, and sadly I could not go in 2010 because I was being installed as the Treasurer of the Masters Club and could not miss the installation event. My parents (who are divorced btw) joined us in 2000, and for the last several years one or both of them joins us, and of course my husband Greg, and Matt's girlfriend Vanessa have been coming with us for several years too. Love my family, and love my Giants. <3 p="">

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Officially an Outstanding Life Member of the Sacramento Association of Realtors Masters Club!

This last week I was honored for my high level of productivity as a Sacramento Realtor, and designated as an Outstanding Life Member of the Masters Club. To qualify as a member of the Masters Club, a Realtor must be in approximately the top 8-10% of all Realtors in Sacramento.

The criteria for being an Outstanding Life Member is qualifying for the Masters Club for 10 out of the last 15 years. I am 10-for-10, having qualified for 10 years in a row!

I am definitely among the youngest members of this elite crowd at the age of 38. This was the culmination of a decade of hard work, including time serving on the Masters Club Steering Committee and as its President in 2012! Many thanks to all of my clients who entrusted me with their real estate transactions. I look forward to many more years as a top producing Realtor.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Sacramento Ranked 6th Hottest Housing Market in United States

Realtor Magazine today ranked Sacramento the 6th Hottest Housing Market in the country, which is up one notch from 7th last month. In fact, six of the top ten markets are in California. This is not at all surprising, since the market is hitting its spring fever time of the year. There are A LOT of buyers in the market, and not nearly enough homes to satisfy the demand. My listings are getting multiple offers and selling above their listing prices. I attribute that not only to the heat of the market, but also to my stellar property marketing that involves staging, professional photography, virtual tours, and all kinds of other cool stuff. And I am advising my buyers on how to strategically craft their offers to stand out from the other ones, without going too crazy on price. Anyway, if you are interested to know how much your Sacramento home might sell for, click here and I am happy to provide you with an analysis. And if you are looking to buy a home, click here and I am happy to set up a custom portal for you that will notify you of new listings that match your search criteria. Happy spring!