Thursday, May 11, 2023

Busy time at the California and National Associations of REALTORS board meetings!

It has been a busy last couple of weeks! I serve on the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) Board of Directors, and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Board of Director, and for the last couple weeks in addition to helping my clients buy and sell like any typical agent would, I have also been helping craft policy positions and advocate on behalf of my profession and homeowners.

In addition to being a Director on the Board, at C.A.R. I am the Vice Chair of the Federal Issues policy committee. This committee advises the C.A.R. board as to what federal policies to advocate for in conjunction with NAR. Pretty cool stuff.

In addition to being a Director on the Board, at NAR I am the Chair of the Federal Taxation policy committee. Last week my committee and our Board of Directors moved internal policy forward to advocate for reduced capital gains for owners of single family and 2-4 unit rental properties who sell to owner-occupants...

It is pretty exciting to be on the forefront of advocating on behalf of our nations 1.5M+ REALTOR® members and millions of property owners. As someone with a Masters Degree in Public Policy, operating at such a high level to advocate for policies that increase homeownership is really awesome. Our next meetings are in the fall and I can't wait!


No comments: