Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Adapting to virtual meetings as I work from home...

I do miss meeting clients in person. But for now, with the current Sacramento County "Stay-at-Home" directive from the department of public health, my clients and I are adapting to using things like Zoom to have group meetings, or FaceTime to virtually meet one-on-one.

I'm not gonna lie -- physical distancing is a pain. But I can't think of anything that is more important than my health or my client's health.

This is normally the busiest time of the year in Sacramento real estate, and the current COVID19 situation may be keeping people at home, but my clients and I are still in close communication.

For example, one of my sellers has been packing and putting her belongings away. Typically I would pop by to chat with my client and see the progress, but in this case we did a little tour of her home via FaceTime. She was able to show me all of the work she's done to prepare her home for sale.

Many buyers and sellers are highly motivated to buy or sell despite the health directives. I have buyers who are relying heavily on virtual tours and inspection reports to contemplate purchasing decisions. I also have sellers that will likely be listing their properties for various reasons in the near future, hoping to find buyers who feel comfortable making offers before they can personally view the properties. Luckily, using 3D tours, video, or other virtual technology to market my listings is not a new concept to me, so it was not anything I had to figure out with my hair on fire. I have been doing that for many years.

I am hopeful that this current situation is relatively short and we can ease back into some limited in-person meetings soon...of course from 6 feet apart and with hand sanitizer in tow.

No comments: