Monday, December 8, 2014

My 3rd California International Marathon Finish! Please don't make me walk up or down stairs today...

The weather could not have been more perfect yesterday - low of 50 degrees and a high of 65 - as my husband and I ran the California International Marathon. This was my third finish (2011, and 2013 were my other years), and my husband's second finish. Neither one of us qualified for Boston Marathon, in case you were totally wondering. I'm not THAT fast. Next up, I will attempt my first "Ultra" run - a 50k in February. While a marathon is 26.2 miles, a 50k is about 31 miles. What's another 5 miles? That's what my friends keep telling me...so I'm going to tell myself that 5 more miles can't be that bad. We shall see what my body thinks, because it's a little hard to walk for a few days after a marathon...today I toured a 2-story Land Park home with a basement. Two sets of stairs were rough, but I made it!

No comments: