Monday, December 5, 2011

Finished the California International Marathon...and I can barely walk today!

Welp, I can barely move today, and I may need someone to help me when I try to go down the stairs...but yesterday I was able to cross another goal off my 'Bucket List.' I finished the California International Marathon in 5 hours, 46 minutes. Nope, I did not qualify for the Olympic Trials (that's a joke, in case you are not a runner), but I finished all 26.2 miles. It was pretty much torture after about mile 21. I am not too proud to admit that I may have shed tears of absolute agony and joy crossing the finish line. I was immediately greeted by my family, my sweet significant other, and my friends -- who all cheered me on at various locations along the way. Here I am standing at the finish line with my pretty medal.
I have been running for a little over a year, and completed my first half marathon in March. Once my body stops hurting, I may consider signing up for the River City Marathon at the end of March.

No comments: