Monday, May 6, 2013

Sacramento Real Estate Market -- Evolution from the Spring of 2012...

If you happened to see the Masters Club section in this weekend's Sacramento Bee, along with lots of photos of Sacramento's top producing Realtors and photos of Masters Club events, you may have noticed an article I wrote that appeared in the section. I wrote this as a follow-up to the article I wrote that was published in the same section of the newspaper last year in 2012 -- just when the market was really showing signs that the market hit the bottom.

A year later, the market is radically different. Prices have climbed more than 20% in Sacramento county in the last 12 months. Homes are met with multiple offers from buyers that extend well beyond the listing price. In fact, the listing I mention in this article is closing this coming week for substantially more than the "high end" of the price range I noted. The seller is obviously thrilled, and so is the buyer...the buyer's agent told me that he made literally 30 offers on homes before having his accepted.

It will be interesting to see what the Sacramento Real Estate market looks like at this time next year.

No comments: