Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Voting opens for the Officers and Board of Directors Election at the Sacramento Association of Realtors...

Voting in the Officer and Board of Director Elections for the Sacramento Association of  REALTORS® begins today and runs through August 15th. My "candidate statement" is available online to members of SAR to read before they cast their votes, however for any of my Realtor friends from other associations, the public or my clients who may wish to read it, I have cut and paste it below. I take my current role on the board very seriously and hope to continue my volunteer service to the association at this high level.

"Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am very excited to be running for what will hopefully be my second term on the SAR Board of Directors. I was licensed at the end of 2005 and began my full-time real estate career in 2006. My initial involvement at the Sacramento Association of REALTORS® began almost five years ago, when another REALTOR® asked me to attend a Young Professionals Council (YPC) meeting and join the Committee. Until that meeting, all of the time I had spent at SAR consisted of sporadically attending classes or purchasing MetroList lockboxes. I really had no idea what function our Association served. Through my participation in YPC, and in the very first SAR Leadership Academy series in 2008, I learned what SAR's (and C.A.R.'s and NAR's) real purpose is, why we pay our dues, and why it is so important to invest in our REALTOR® Action Fund.

Fast forward to today, and my involvement has grown dramatically. In addition to my service on the SAR Board of Directors, I am also the current President of the Masters Club, I serve as Chair of the REALTOR® Action Fund Committee, serve on other SAR Committees, am on numerous C.A.R. Committees as well as serving on the C.A.R. Board of Directors. I have been an instructor for different educational offerings at SAR and C.A.R. I am a regular attendee of many other open SAR Forums and am a past Chair of other SAR Committees. I am a frequent source in the local, state and national media regarding the real estate market. My efforts have helped raise thousands of dollars for local charities and REALTOR® initiatives. I feel my involvement on these Committees has made me a better REALTOR®, and a better person in general.

As REALTORS®, we are constantly faced with challenges. We work in an ever-changing local Sacramento marketplace and distressed economy. There are many local, state, and national initiatives that threaten the private property rights our clients enjoy, and that attempt to create additional burdens on real estate transactions. I plan to have a long-lasting career as a REALTOR®, and as an Association we must stay on top of these issues, as well as work to enforce our professional standards, continue to offer education to empower our membership with additional skills, among many other things.

I feel that with your vote, I can continue to bring the perspective of a younger REALTOR® with a long-term vision to SAR's Board of Directors. We often lament that our SAR leadership “20 years ago” made excellent long-term decisions that positioned the association strongly today. It is my hope that 20 years from now our Association leadership can make similar remarks. Thanks again for reading, and I respectfully ask you to vote for me."

No comments: