Friday, June 8, 2012

Erin who??

Well...I try not to get too personally deep here on my Sacramento Real Estate Blog, but I must share something with ya'll. I have been wresting a very personal decision for a few years now....some of you may know that a couple years ago a I got a divorce. Divorce is a craptastic thing and definitely not something I ever envisioned for myself in life. The break-up of any long-term relationship is not easy to deal with, and mine was definitely was a roller-coaster of emotions.

Having said that, I have come to a deeply personal decision to change my last name back to my maiden name. I have feared doing this and have put off the inevitable since I filed my divorce petition. Professionally as a Realtor, I have only ever been known as "Erin Attardi." Well...if any woman reading this blog has ever divorced, or known a friend or family member who divorce, you can probably relate to why I want to revert back to my maiden name, "Erin Stumpf."

So -- the application with the family court system has been sent in, and with any luck within a couple months I will transition back to my maiden name. Clearly nothing about my real estate business will change except the name on my signs, business cards, websites, and advertising. I'm looking forward to being "me" again. =)

No comments: