Thursday, March 8, 2012

The forecast does not call for a Sacramento Zombie Apocalypse...


So...If you follow me on facebook or twitter, you will already know that I was showing a house in Elverta yesterday, and my buyer client and I stumbled across an old bomb shelter in the back yard!! It was probably 15' x 30' with cement stairs leading down about 8 feet, and had two "snorkel" like air tubes penetrating the ground above it. CRAZY! My first thought was thank goodness the cold war is over, then my mind wandered and thought -- hmm what a neat place for kids to have a club-house (I know I would have LOVED to play in this in my youth), or a great underground wine or home-brewed beer cellar, or extra storage...or preparing for a zombie apocalypse!??? Anyway, this while my client thought this was totally cool, the house was ultimately not a good fit for him.

No comments: