Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Upcoming Greater Sacramento Races - 5k, 10k, Half Marathons, Marathons, and more!


While most of my life seems to revolve purely around Sacramento real estate, short sale negotiation, home inspections, touring property, participating in Sacramento Association of Realtors activities, etc., I do have some hobbies outside of work.

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will already know that for the last month or so I have been training for a half marathon (approximately 13.1 miles). In fact, this last Saturday, after working a little, I ran 8 miles in 1:34:08...which is exactly 25 seconds faster than my 8 mile run the Saturday before. YAY for improvement! This coming weekend I will run 9 miles for the first time...we'll see just if I can move on Sunday.

I am planning to run the Shamrock'n Half Marathon on March 13th. My goal at this point is really just to finish it without stopping. I ran the Run to Feed the Hungry on Thanksgiving Day, which was a 10k...my first race.

So as I am getting more and more in to my newly found love of running, I have been researching other organized races to participate in. There are A LOT of them! Here are the upcoming races in the greater Sacramento area through the end of April that look like fun;

Davis Stampede - February 6th, 2011; 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon in Davis, CA
Super Bowl Sunday Run II - February 6th, 2011; 10k, which can also be run as a 2-person relay in Sacramento
8th Annual Valentine Run - February 12th, 2011; 1.8mi or 4mi walk/run in the Arden area of Sacramento
Lucky 7 Run - March 5th, 2011; 7mi or 7k in Davis
Shamrock'n Half Marathon - March 13th, 2011; Half Marathon that starts and ends at Raley Field in West Sacramento
Nutrition Fuels Fitness - March 27th, 2011; 5k and 10k in Elk Grove
River City Marathon - March 27th, 2011; Marathon and Half Marathon along the American River Parkway
8th Annual Run Rocklin - April 3rd, 2011; 5k and 12k run in Rocklin
SacTown 10 Miler - April 3rd, 2011; 10mi that starts and ends at the California State Capitol
Sacramento Zoo Zoom - April 10th, 2011; 5k and 10k runs in Land Park around the Sacramento Zoo
Capitol City Classic - April 17th, 2011; 5k and 10k runs in Downtown Sacramento
American River Parkway Run - April 30th, 2011; Half Marathon and 5k along the American River Parkway

No comments: