Saturday, July 10, 2010

Officers & Directors Election for the Sacramento Association of Realtors - My Candidate Statement


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I have been nominated to run for election for a position on the Sacramento Association of Realtors Board of Directors...well, I may also have mentioned that there are six open positions, and nine people running. All of the candidates have written statements that are now online at the Sacramento Association of Realtors election page. Here is my candidate statement:

"Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am very excited to be running for what will hopefully be my first term on the SAR Board of Directors. I was licensed at the end of 2005, and began my full-time real estate career in 2006. My initial involvement at the Sacramento Association of REALTORS® began almost three years ago, when another REALTOR® asked me to attend a Young Professionals Council meeting and join the committee. Until that meeting, all of the time I had spent at SAR consisted of sporadically attending classes, or purchasing Metrolist lockboxes. I really had no idea what function our association served. Through my participation in YPC, and in the very first SAR Leadership Development series in 2008, I learned what SAR's (and C.A.R.'s and NAR's) real purpose is, why we pay our dues, and why it is so important to invest in our Realtor Action Fund.

Fast forward to today, and my involvement has grown dramatically. I am the current Chair of the Young Professionals Council. I am also the current Secretary/Treasurer of the Masters Club, and I also serve on the REALTOR® Action Fund Committee, Communications Advisory Committee, and the Technology Task Force. I have been an instructor for different educational offerings at SAR and C.A.R. I am a regular attendee of many other open SAR Forums. My efforts have helped raise thousands of dollars for local charity and REALTOR® initiatives. I also serve on the leadership of the C.A.R. Young Professionals Network, as well as three other state association committees. I feel my involvement on these committees has made me a better REALTOR®, and a better person in general.

As REALTORS®, we are constantly faced with challenges. We work in an ever-changing local marketplace and distressed economy. There are many local, state, and national initiatives that threaten the private property rights our clients enjoy, and that attempt to create additional burdens on real estate transactions. I plan to have a long-lasting career as a REALTOR®, and as an association we must stay on top of these issues, as well as work to enforce our professional standards, continue to offer education to enable our membership additional knowledge, among many other things.

I feel that with your vote, I can bring a fresh perspective to SAR's Board of Directors. Thanks again..."

You can also check out my campaign website at http://vote4erin.com. Time on the campaign trail is flying by...I have been out visiting other offices and trying to speak to as many people as possible. Voting starts in just a couple of weeks...I am optimistic about the outcome!

No comments: