Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The American River Salmon Festival - October 11 & 12

When I was in kindergarten, my dad took my class on a field trip to the Nimbus Fish Hatchery. It was one of my most memorable field trips when I was a kid, and is probably part of the reason that to this day I love fishing! This coming weekend, you can check out the Nimbus Fish Hatchery, among other recreational areas at the The American River Salmon Festival!

The event is this weekend, Saturday October 11th, and Sunday October 12th, is FREE! Parking is $9 dollars, or you can take advantage of the complimentary shuttle services from RT's Light Rail Station on Folsom Blvd. at Hazel Avenue. There is also a free bike valet service.

The festival has all ages fun - like live music, magic shows, puppet shows, face painting, educational programs, fish and wildlife exhibits, great food, and more!

I may see you there!

No comments: