Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Favorite aspect of being a Realtor?


I generally do not include information about my specific clients on this blog, however in this case I will make an exception. If ya'll recall, a few months back I was interviewed by the AP for an article about the current state of the real estate market (specifically regarding foreclosures and how banks are pricing homes insanely low), and the writer also asked to interview one of my clients. Not only did he interview Sally and Carlos, but he had a photographer do a shoot with them, and their photos were featured prominently with our quotes in the article. The article was picked up by several media outlets, including MSNBC, CNN, our local Sacbee.com, and others.

I first met Sally and Carlos back in 2006 when Sally inquired about one of my listings. At the time, they had finished college, had been dating for a few years, and were living in the River Park neighborhood in Sacramento. We looked at property at the time, but they postponed their search not long after their engagement. They were married last year, and we resumed the search in February of this year. After searching high and low, and submitting several unsuccessful offers - we found a great house in the Rosemont area, their offer was accepted, and they recently closed escrow. So this evening, I got to give Sally and Carlos the keys to their new house.


Handing the keys to excited first time homeowners has to be one of the most satisfying things a Realtor can experience. It makes all those 14-hour days seem easy! I know that they will be very happy in their home. This is where they will decorate and remodel. This is where they will finally enjoy central heat & air on a 100+ degree Sacramento day. This is where they will plant a garden. This is where they will start their family.

Congrats Sally and Carlos! You have been some of my favorite clients to work with, and I know our paths will cross again in the future.


No comments: