Tuesday, March 24, 2020

COVID19 Temporary Mortgage Payment Relief Toolkit

As you may have heard, the federal government has directed Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD to provide borrowers experiencing a COVID19-related financial hardship with temporary mortgage payment relief. This is indeed true, however in order to take advantage of any suspension of mortgage payments, homeowners must apply directly with their loan servicers (aka, the mortgage company).

Since we in Sacramento County have been directed to "stay at home" I have had a little extra time on my hands as I avoid meeting with people face-to-face. I wanted to put  that extra time to a productive use.

I have created a detailed DIY Mortgage Relief Toolkit to help my clients through the process of asking for a forbearance or suspension of payments. If you would like a copy for yourself or for anyone you think may need it, please shoot me a quick email to erin@erinstumpf.com or text me your email address at 916-342-1372. I will forward you a copy. It's FREE. And it is my hope this toolkit will aid those seeking mortgage payment relief as we all go through this crazy time together.

Here are some links to federal government directives:

Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19

Freddie Mac: COVID-19 Response

HUD/FHA: COVID-19 Q&A

VA: Special Relief for those Potentially Impacted by COVID-19 

USDA: Foreclosure and Eviction Relief in Connection with Presidentially Declared COVID-19 National Emergency

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Protecting your credit during the coronavirus pandemic

Find a HUD-approved housing counselor:

No comments: