The program, called "Leak Free Sacramento" is available to those Sacramento home owners who meet the following criteria:
- Live within a Disadvantage Area Community (here is a map);
- Complete and submit the application (linked here);
- Single family residential homeowners that are customers of Sacramento County Utilities;
- Show irregular water usage, need leak detection and repair or replacement services;
- Applicants must own both the home and the land (for example, mobile homes on rented land do not qualify); and
- Applicants must be the permanent resident of the home.