Monday, November 21, 2016

Short sales in Sacramento are descreasing but not extinct...

Earlier this year in February, I posted statistics about the decreasing numbers of short sales in our Sacramento real estate market. The numbers of short sales had lessened significantly since the peak of distressed property sales activity, which came in late 2010/early 2011. Just as an update, here is a current snapshot of the short sale activity as of this last month, October 2016. You can see the downward trend even since my last blog post in February. Short sale activity is now approximately 2/3 of what it was earlier in the year. To see a short sale market snapshot from 2009 - 2016, click here.

My own short sale listing activity reflects the bigger market as well. In the heyday of short sales during the bottom of the Sacramento real estate market, more than 75% of my transactions where short sales. Now, this year, short sales represent less than 10% of my transactions...I am still doing them though. Some sellers in certain circumstances still have the need to do short sales. Short sales are not extinct, and I doubt they ever will be...

No comments: