Tuesday, July 12, 2016

What NOT to do to get your offer accepted...

One of my new listings that came on the market last week ended up with multiple offers over the weekend. Of the eight offers I received, 3 of them contained errors, or were just poorly written by the buyers' agent. Sadly, most buyers don't know how to tell if their agent has done a good job for them in this regard...and its lame for buyers to have the chances of their offers being accepted greatly reduced, especially in competitive situations, because they have an inexperienced or sloppy agent.

Without getting into the weeds of the California Residential Purchase Agreement contract, I will just point out a glaring example of what I mean. What's missing from this screenshot? Yep, the price. Just how much is this buyer offering for the home? My crystal ball tends to be hazy. Perhaps I should just take the liberty to fill in? Perhaps this buyer wants to pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS? (insert my best Dr. Evil voice with pinky finger pointed to the side of my pursed lips)

Probably not. Needless to say, this buyer's offer was not accepted for this house. Though I did reply to the agent and ask them to rewrite and submit the offer.

No comments: