- The home must be located within the Citrus Heights city limits. Generally, if you are searching online this would be homes located in 95610 or 95621.
- The property must be a single family home, condo, or half-plex. Unfortunately, duplexes and such are not eligible.
- You must be an owner-occupant. No investors can use this program.
- This program is for First-Time Home Buyers - so the buyer must not have owned a home within the last 3 years.
- Your household income must fall within the income guidelines. For example, for a household of 1 (that's a solo person, no spouse, no kids), the max allowable annual income is $38,550. For a household of 4 (so for example, a married couple with 2 kids), the max allowable annual income is $55,050. The max allowable income for a household of 8 is $72,700.
- You also must complete home buyer education.
Monday, November 3, 2014
City of Citrus Heights Downpayment Assistance Available
purchase a home within the City of Citrus Heights in Sacramento County, then you may want to find out if you qualify for their Home Buying Assistance Program. If you want to purchase a home but need assistance with coming up with the down payment, you may be able to apply for a low-interest loan for up to $40,000 through this program so that you can essentially finance your downpayment. The basic qualifications for this program are