Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I rode my bike to raise money for the Sacramento Association of Realtors Scholarship Foundation!

If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram you probably already know that I have been on a mission to raise money for the Sacramento Association of Realtors Scholarship Foundation over the last couple months. I hatched an idea to do a 100-mile bike ride to raise money late last year...so I have been continuing my training through the winter and spring and did the Chico Wildflower this last weekend. The final tally isn't in yet, but I think I raised a couple thousand dollars. You can check out my fundraising page here.

I know that whichever lucky Sacramento-area high school senior that receives the funds I raised will put the money to good use. My stepson is a freshman at San Francisco State, and college is expensive! Every little bit helps.

The SAR Scholarship Fund was initially a $600 yearly program that provided $100 to $200 scholarships for Sacramento students attending American River Junior College, Sacramento City College, and California State University, Sacramento. Over the years SAR has expanded the Scholarship program to support students pursuing real estate, business, and a variety of other fields at many different institutions across the United States. Last year SAR gave approximately $50,000 in scholarships to 27 students.

Hopefully I can do this fundraiser again next year and raise more!

No comments: