Monday, April 14, 2014

May is Bike Month in Sacramento 2014!


If you have been reading my blog for a while or following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, you will know in the last year or so I have gotten really into cycling. Given my profession as a Realtor, I'm not really able to do much bike commuting to and from the office, and it's not practical for my clients to look at homes while riding bikes around Sacramento (though if any of my buyer clients want to, I am DEFINITELY up for it!). So most of my cycling is recreational and for fitness, and all that. I don't like to skip dessert so cycling allows me to burn off a few extra calories. =)

Well for the last few years -- May has been dubbed "Bike Month" in Sacramento. I think this is really cool! Sacramento is really becoming quite the bike-friendly city.

Want to challenge yourself or a friend to ride a bike more during May? Visit the Sacramento Bike Month website here. I have signed up to ride 300 miles next month...I am thinking this is an attainable goal for myself, considering on May 17th I will be attempting my first Davis Double Century (a 200-mile ride -- yikes!). 

There are several events for Sacramento Bike Month -- and you can view their calendar here. Events include things like clinics how to change a tire or do regular bike maintenance, organized group bike rides, beer bike crawls, "Energizer Stations" to stop for water or electrolytes, checking out the Amgen tour, and more!

No comments: