Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sacramento Real Estate Listing Inventory September 2012

Where have all the Sacramento home listings gone? Well , there are not as many homes on the market in MLS. AND the homes that are listed are selling quickly. Our absorption rate in Sacramento is amazing - we have less than one month's worth of housing inventory on the market. In fact, we have nine tenths (0.9) of a month of for sale housing inventory here in Sacramento County. I am seeing multiple offers on my listings, and it's really competitive out there. I have six theories as to why there are not too many homes on the market right now. When I wrote my "Six Theories" post in May of this year, interest rates were higher then than they are today -- they were around 4% vs. 3.25% today for a 30-year fixed loan -- and our median home price in Sacramento has increased from $167,000 in May to $180,000 last month in September. Statistics don't lie...the market is HOT! I think most home buyers have decided now is the time to buy...and with prices increasing, perhaps folks who need to sell will decide now is the time to sell...

No comments: