Friday, March 16, 2012

Wow -- I am the 2012 President of the Sacramento Association of Realtors Masters Club!

Well today was a fun day.

I woke up early, got to the office early, worked on some short sale transactions and tied up some other loose ends, and then I headed downtown to the Sheraton Grand Hotel for the Sacramento Association of Realtors Masters Club Installation and Awards Luncheon. If you are not familiar with the Masters Club, it is a club for the top producing Realtors in the Sacramento region. I can't even begin to describe what a great event it was. And I'm not just saying that because I was being installed as 2012 President of the Masters Club.

The subcommittee that orchestrated this event evidently knows me pretty well, because the theme they dreamed up this year could not have been neater! It was a baseball-themed event! If you have been reading my blog for a while, or if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will know that I am a HUGE San Francisco Giants fan, and have played ball since I was 8 years old.

The luncheon started off with the singing of the national anthem, followed by some great food, a couple of speeches, installation of the officers and steering committee, and recognition of the Realtors who achieved Masters Club status. Not only was I installed as President, but I also achieved status as a "Life Member" of the Masters Club.

My parents and younger brother attended, which was great. My sweet significant other attended, which was also great. And of course there were several other Realtors from my company Dunnigan Realtors in attendance, which was also great. It was a super fun amazing day!

Then of course once it was all over, I had to go back to my office, where I planned what properties to show tomorrow (Saturday), received confirmation that one of my buyer transactions had closed (yay!), and then attended a short sale seller escrow document signing at Placer Title down the street. So, back to work....

What is so great about the SAR Masters Club, you might wonder? I wish more of the general public were aware of this, but being in the Masters Club is more than just about being a top producer. We support the SAR Realtor membership with additional educational programs and services that enhance the competency, professionalism, and productivity of its members. I look forward to a great year as Masters Club President!