Tuesday, January 10, 2012

An amazing way to start 2012!!


If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will know that today I attended the Officers & Directors Installation Luncheon at the Sacramento Association of Realtors. Our new President for 2012, Patrick Lieuw (a Realtor with RE/Max) was sworn in, along with the President-Elect, the Secretary-Treasurer, and the members of the BLinkoard of Directors...I was actually elected to serve on the SAR Board of Directors for a 2-year term starting last year (2011-2012). Pretty neat. I am very excited to continue to serve the members of the association at this level.

Along with the installation, there was an awards ceremony to recognize outstanding association members for their contributions in 2011. I was pretty shocked and honored to receive the "President's Award" for my service to the association in 2011. This is one of the major awards given. Rather than being selected by the "awards committee" the president selects the recipient. In years past I have been honored for my contributions toward Association Activities (for 2010), and Education (in 2009).

I definitely do a lot of volunteer work at the association (committees, serving on the SAR Board of Directors, the C.A.R. Board of Directors, Masters Club President-Elect, etc), and I love every minute of it. I look forward to more service to my fellow Realtors, and also to the Sacramento community.

No comments: