Friday, November 11, 2011

Quoted in a Comstock's Magazine article about the use of technology and the internet to sell Sacramento real estate...

LinkA couple months ago, I was interviewed by a journalist for Comstock's Magazine regarding the use of the internet for marketing in Sacramento real estate. The article, entitled "From Reel to Real Estate" was published in the November 2011 edition of Comstock's and can be found starting on page 92...my quotes are used on page 94.

Gone are the days where an agent can just put a sign in the ground and expect the house will be sold. In order to set listings apart from others, many agents (myself included) are turning to social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, video, blogs, individual property websites, and more...I tend to think my clients appreciate the extra internet kick I offer their listings in addition to some more "traditional" types of marketing. I have been recognized locally and nationally for my blog and use of the internet to sell homes in Sacramento...

I think it is safe to say that the internet and technology are here to stay, and Sacramento real estate agents who do not embrace its use for selling real estate are missing the opportunity to sell homes in fewer days on the market.

No comments: