Thursday, January 20, 2011

Attended the Annual City of Sacramento "State of the City" Address


If you follow me on Facebook, you will already know that earlier today I was lucky enough to attend Sacramento's "State of the City Address" with some of the leadership of the Sacramento Association of Realtors. The Sacramento Convention Center was packed, and in addition to the Realtors at my table, we were joined by City Council members Kevin McCarty and Darrel Fong.

Mayor Kevin Johnson outlined his goals for the City of Sacramento - they center around improving education, creating a "greener" and more energy efficient Sacramento, and continuing the revitalization of the Downtown Sacramento area. I do love his enthusiasm! I was hoping he'd talk about the local economy and the Sacramento real estate market a little, but he didn't really touch on it. Here's to a great 2011...

No comments: