- Dinner at The Grange and an overnight stay at The Citizen Hotel; This combo has become a favorite of mine! The food at the restaurant is outstanding, and the hotel is one of the finest in Sacramento. I highly recommend one of the penthouse suites with a view of downtown! Estimated cost: $200+
- A membership to the Crocker Art Museum; If you weren't aware, it was recently renovated and greatly expanded, and is the premier art museum in the Sacramento Valley. As a member, you will receive a monthly magazine, and receive discounts at the store and cafe. Estimated cost: $65/individual annual membership.
- A Hornblower Cruise of the Sacramento and American Rivers; the cruise leaves out of Old Sacramento. Check out the confluence of the American and Sacramento rivers, and experience the wildlife and breathtaking natural beauty that this historic and important waterway has to offer. Estimated cost: $69-99.
- A subscription to Sacramento Magazine; Read up on local goings on, Sacramento hot spots, restaurant reviews, articles of local interest, and more! Estimated cost for 12 month subscription: $7.95 (there's a promotion right now!).
- A California State University, Sacramento sweatshirt; My alma mater! Stay warm this winter while supporting our local CSUS Hornets! My CSUS sweatshirt was a Christmas gift from my mother during my freshman year...I still wear that thing even though it is totally faded and worn out...Estimated cost: $36 - $75.
- Auto Detailing at Pavilion Car Care; They will make your care shine and your carpets fresh! Definitely the best car wash in Sacramento! Estimated cost: $45 - $299.
- Tickets to go visit the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town; Heck if you are going to visit one, why not visit both! Located at William Land Park, this is a great diversion for adults and children alike! Estimated cost per person/ticket: $13.
- Bottle of wine from Revolution Wines; Revolution Wines is Sacramento's only urban winery. Tucked away at 21st & P Streets in midtown, they make their wine...their facilities also host tastings. Estimated cost per bottle: $10 - $25.
- Massage from Arden Hills Resort Club & Spa; Arden Hills boasts not only a fitness / wellness center, but also an award-winning day spa. Why stop with just a massage? They offer more than 75 different treatments! Estimated cost/treatment: $40 - $440!
- Dance lessons at The Sacramento Ballroom; Want to learn the Texas Two-Step, the Tango, or how to Swing Dance? They have classes for both singles and couples, from beginning to advanced levels! Estimated cost/lesson: $5 - $10.
- Tickets to a Sacramento Rivercats game; See the Oakland A's affiliate play at Raley Field. I'm a SF Giants fan, but I do really enjoy these games (especially when they play the SF Giant's affiliate team, the Fresno Grizzlies)...many of these players are a phone call away from the major leagues! Estimated cost/ticket: $6 - $30.
- A new home; Sure, I saved the best for last. Nothing says happy holidays like closing escrow on a Sacramento home...sorry if that was a little cheesy! Estimated cost: Priceless. =)
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Holiday Gift Ideas for your Favorite Sacramento Resident
Whether you are planning to celebrate Christmas, Channukah, or whatever else this holiday season, if your festivities involve gift giving, there are many Sacramento-themed gifts you can give! Here are my top 12 gifts that will make any Sacramentan's holiday, at any age or budget: