Monday, May 10, 2010

Sacramento County Real Estate Statistics - April 2010


Well...April sure ended with a flurry of activity! I can tell you if my own experience reflects the entire Sacramento real estate market's activity, there sure were a lot of eager buyers seeking to take advantage of that federal home buyer tax credit before the April 30th deadline last month! Interestingly enough though, I am working with several buyers who did not get into contract before the April 30th cut-off...and they are all still very excited and eager to own homes, with or without a tax credit. I find this extremely encouraging! I am also working with several "move-up" buyers (non-first time home buyers) that were not necessarily motivated by the tax credit, despite the fact that many of those folks also qualified for a lesser tax credit. Not sure if this little bump in the price per square foot in Sacramento County was spurred by the tax credit deadline...I suppose time will tell.

No comments: