Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Like a mullet; business in the front, party in the back!


So if you know anything about me personally, you will know that I am a big goofball. I am definitely very professional in the business and real estate environment, however I do like to have fun in pretty much everything I do. I also like to surround myself with like-minded people, so the folks I work with in my transactions on a daily basis are generally very professional as well, but have silly sides.

Case in point. The escrow officer I like to work with at Placer Title is one of the most organized and thorough escrow officers that I know...with all of my short sales and such, it is critical that the escrow officer I work with be really on top of things, and bless Anne Chatfield, she is! In addition to being the great escrow officer that she is though, she has a great sense of humor and is pretty darn hilarious.

So early last week, I was having a minor medical procedure (nothing serious), and had to have blood drawn first thing Monday morning. Over the weekend, I had successfully negotiated an offer on one of my listings, and forwarded the fully executed contract over to Anne so she could open escrow. So in the waiting room I sit, checking my email on my iPhone. I received a very dry email from Anne, cc-ing the buyer's agent, with the escrow information. I replied to her that those types of dry emails make me laugh because that generally is not how we deal with each other. She quickly replied - "It's my "business" side! I am like a mullet- business in the front and party in the back!" Let's just say my outburst of laughter in the middle of the quiet lab waiting room startled several of the other folks in there.

Well now, I certainly can't let a gem like that one go unnoticed, can I? Once I got home later, I went to Amazon.com and ordered an inexpensive Mullet wig and had it delivered to Anne at her office. What a great sport...she wore it and emailed me a photo! Our joke now is that she will have to wear it at the next escrow signing she does for one of my clients! Hmm...wonder who my lucky client will be?

No comments: