Sunday, February 7, 2010

My week in Indian Wells for C.A.R. Meetings...


Have I mentioned lately that I really love being a Realtor? I love working with my buyer and seller clients, and I also really enjoy my involvement on the other side of things...I mention pretty frequently my involvement in various committees locally at the Sacramento Association of Realtors. I am also an active participant in various committees at the state level. So, if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will already know that I left town early this week and flew to Palm Springs in order to attend the winter business meetings for the California Association of Realtors.

It was definitely a working trip! In addition to attending my committee meetings and other related events, I still obviously had to work...I still did short sale negotiation, actually closed a short sale on Thursday.

The C.A.R. Board of Directors and its Committees research and formulate policy on all areas affecting the business, professional practices and public policy involvement of California Realtors. I am on 4 C.A.R. committees. The am a member of the Membership Committee, the Local Government Relations Forum, and the Communications Advisory Committee, and I have a leadership position on the Young Professionals Network Committee. Most of the sessions are closed, so I can not go into too much detail regarding the content of what was discussed...

The journey home was quite an experience...the Palm Springs airport was basically shut down due to bad weather. My flight was cancelled and I was basically stranded. Thankfully, one of my Realtor colleagues took pity on me, and turned around 3o minutes into the drive home and rescued me. I finally got home around midnight last night, after I should have been home around noon. UGH.

Anyway, back to work this week! I have a great (non-short sale) listing coming on the market on Wednesday, and all kinds of other great things going on...

No comments: