Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crazy Sacramento Storm Changed the Landscape of my Backyard...

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will already know that I had a fun day yesterday due to that insane Autumn storm.

I got up around 7am to get ready for my usual Tuesday morning meeting - our Downtown Regional MLS Caravan meeting. I actually peaked outside and saw the heavy wind and rain and some ponding water in the backyard, but otherwise nothing too crazy.

About 45 minutes later, my husband went downstairs to let our hound doggies outside, and I heard him yell "Oh my god!!" I yelled back to him but he did not answer...I ran to our upstairs balcony, and saw that the tree right behind our garage had fallen! It narrowly missed our garage and broke some sprinkler valves. A few inches to the left would have resulted in some major damage! WHEW!

Well that was exciting... not much we could do, so I headed off to my meeting, and my husband, an electrical contractor, headed off to work. After my meeting, I actually had to meet my husband in South Land Park to look at an electrical escrow repair for one of my buyer transactions. The carnage as I drove through Midtown, Land Park, and South Land Park was incredible...limbs and debris everywhere! Luckily the house I have in contract was bone dry!

Went to my office but the power was out, so I decided to go home. On the way home, my husband called and told me that a 2nd large tree in the backyard had fallen. WOW! I use Twitter and Facebook from my cell phone, so I posted pics there...KFBK saw my posts and contacted me. Several people I know messaged me to say they heard my sound bite. So back to work today...I have lots of short sales to follow up with!

No comments: