Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Where in the world is Erin Attardi?

Yes I am ok...I got a few emails from my regular blog readers asking if I was ok, and why I had not written anything new lately (including my 4th installment of Erin's Sacramento Short Sale Experiment, which I will write a bit later this week). My answer? It's the end of the summer, and I have been playing! Even Realtors deserve a day or two off now and then, right?



If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will already know I took two little excursions in the last week, and both coincidentally were to celebrate my parents' birthdays.

Before I left though on Friday the 11th, I helped throw a little fundraiser for the California Association of Realtors Housing Affordability Fund (CARHAF) with the Young Professionals Council's 2nd Annual "Bowling for the American Dream" fundraiser. What a blast! This year's event had a 1950's theme...the final total is not in yet, but we estimate that we raised about $3,000 for CARHAF!

So anyway, last Monday, to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday, I got up really early and went fishing on SF Bay with my husband, dad, and brother. We caught 4 white sea bass (including a 51-incher by my brother), and 7 halibut. That was a great day! Our catch yielded over 100 pounds of meat! There was so much that although the guides cleaned our fish for us, we still ended up taking the fillets to a butcher for processing. Let's just say that if you have a good recipe for white fish, please email it to me!!

Then, first thing this last Saturday morning, my brother, mom and I flew to Los Angeles to see the San Francisco Giants play the Dodgers. Hmm...the Giants got absolutely slayed in both games we saw (Saturday and Sunday), but we still had a great time. Before we returned on Monday evening, we had lunch at this famous restaurant called The Ivy in Beverly Hills. Good times.

Back to work!!! (Un)fortunately, my summer travels are over...

No comments: