Monday, October 6, 2008

My Thoughts on the Bailout...

I have been asked about a thousand times over the last two weeks what I think about the bailout...aka, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (HR 1424). Because my laptop was MIA most of the last two weeks, I did not post any blogs regarding my thoughts. I do understand both sides of the argument, and resigned myself to the fact that some flavor of a bailout would be approved.

I have read most of the 451 pages...some of it is mind-numbing. What I find interesting, is that in 451 pages of this bailout legislation, there are numerous sections of energy-related provisions, random tax credits, mental health care coverages, disaster relief, and all kinds of stuff that seems to have been thrown in there by whoever sponsored the legislation.

I have heard several theories. I will be curious to see the actual execution of this "economic stabilization." So what is my opinion? I am not ashamed to admit that I really do not know what to think about it. I am a Realtor, not an economist...

No comments: