Thursday, July 17, 2008

Greater Sacramento Area Farmer's Markets

I was in the downtown Sacramento area touring a new listing this week, when I noticed that there was a farmer's market going on in a nearby park. When I was finished touring the listing, I decided to check out the farmer's market for a bit. I had no idea that a farmer's market would be sooo crowed on a weekday at a downtown park. I suppose it makes sense, since the location was just a brief walk from many downtown business centers.

I was speaking with one of the vendors, and he pointed me to the Certified Farmer's Markets of Sacramento website. I guess not all farmer's markets are created equal?


So here is a complete list (with details and directions) of the Farmer's Markets that are sanctioned by this organization.


-Saturdays / Sunrise Mall in Citrus Heights, Country Club Plaza in Sacramento, & Laguna Gateway Center in Elk Grove

-Sundays / State of CA Parking Lot near Southside Park

-Tuesdays / Roosevelt Park in Sacramento & Fremont Park in Sacramento

-Wednesdays / Caesar Chavez Plaza in Sacramento & Elk Grove Regional Park in Elk Grove

-Thursdays / Florin Mall in South Sacramento & Downtown Plaza in Sacramento

No comments: